пятница, 14 сентября 2012 г.

RORY'S NECKLACE WOZ MY PERFECT XMAS GIFT; Tennis ace reveals how much she loves present.(News) - The Mirror (London, England)

Byline: MAURICE FITZMAURICE

TENNIS ace Caroline Wozniacki has revealed how much she loves her Christmas necklace from Rory McIlroy.

And she labelled the golf star a 'bad liar' after grilling him about what he was getting her as a festive gift.

Wozniacki, who is playing in the Australian Open, has been wearing the Danish flag pendant since Christmas.

She wrote in a blog: 'I've been wearing a new necklace in my matches. It's a Danish flag in a heart shape with diamonds and rubies.

'It was a Christmas gift from my boyfriend, Rory. I kind of thought he was going to get me jewellery.

'He had already given me earrings, and I wear my grandmother's bracelet on my wrist.

'He's such a bad liar, so when I was trying to figure out what he bought me, he said, 'You'll want it, and you'll wear it'. I said, 'Is it clothes?' He said 'No'.

'I said, 'Is it jewellery?' And he said, 'Um, no.' 'And I said, 'OK, it's jewellery!' And he admitted that it was.'

Wozniacki revealed how the couple's sports jet-setting made exchanging gifts a bit difficult.

The 21-year-old added: 'Since I was in Dubai for Christmas he was scared to mail it. He gave it to me in Thailand.

'When he handed it to me he was just looking at me, trying to figure out what I was thinking.

'I was speechless for a second. It was so thoughtful and I was so happy. I love it.'

On Twitter, which Co Down man Rory, 22, and Wozniacki are big fans of, the Danish tennis player was telling golfer Graeme McDowell that her boyfriend has 'good taste' after McDowell tweeted 'loving the necklace'.

Top-seeded Wozniacki, who is still in search of her first Grand Slam title, was to play Kim Clijsters in the quarter finals today.

CAPTION(S):

IN LOVE JRory and Caroline in Thailand CLOSE 3 TOHEART Caroline Wozniacki celebrates victory on Sunday wearing Rory's necklace