воскресенье, 16 сентября 2012 г.

IT'S A MAN'S WORLD; SIMON PEGG: The actor on his fashion, fitness and grooming regimes. - The Mail on Sunday (London, England)

Byline: MIKE PEAKE

I love wearing a police uniform. I had to wear one for Hot Fuzz and it gives you a strange sense of authority - and not just from within. People regard you differently, even the ones who know you and know that you're just dressing up.

My bloody clothes in Shaun Of The Dead were held together with Febreze. They were literally in tatters and the sweat was destroying them. The fabric freshener was the only thing keeping my shirt in one piece.

I was a Goth in my early twenties. After that I adopted a sort of skate-casual image that I've never really grown out of. I don't do sports casual, though, or chavwear.

I once bought a pair of Buffalo boots that looked like Manga robot feet.

It's the biggest fashion mistake I've ever made; when I put them on I looked ridiculous.

I'm a bit of a sci-fi kid, a bit of a geek, and I thought that they'd be good. I was wrong.

I'd like to be buried in a sharp suit, a tailored black one with a white shirt. I've really taken an interest in buying bespoke suits rather than having ones off-the-peg. The most expensive one I've got was a couple of grand, but it was for my wedding.

I like having biceps. Gyms are always full of mirrors and when you're doing your curls and you see rippling muscles you feel extremely pleased with yourself. I was in the gym every day for three months for Hot Fuzz. I had to drop about two stone for the role.

Diamond earrings would look stupid on me.

They look good on P Diddy, I think David Beckham pulls it off and it looks good on hiphop stars because it's part of the aesthetic. I have a necklace and my wedding ring and that's it.

Tattoos are dangerous. Once you get one you start to want more and you can look overdecorated. I've got four - one on each shoulder, one on my back and one on my forearm - that I've accumulated over the years and I'm very happy with them. They're just things that mean something personal to me. Four is enough - I think I'm done now.

I'm rubbish at moisturising. I tend to get all sorts of unctions slapped on to me when I'm filming, but it's not part of my routine.

That said, I do have some Clinique and Clarins Men stuff tucked away in the cupboard, because I get dry skin.

I had a proper wet shave recently and it was a fantastic experience.

I've never had a closer shave. My face was completely numb afterwards.

It's always good to have an excuse to wear crazy facial hair. I like the detached goatee where you keep the moustache, shave the side supports and have a little chin growth. I did a film last year in which I had to have an enormous handlebar moustache.

That was great fun.

Interview by Mike Peake

'Hot Fuzz' is out now on DVD

Gieves & Hawkes suit

I love their tailoring.

One of the oldest gentleman's outfitters in London and a fitting there is just great.

gievesandhawkes.com

Apple MacBook

I get on very well with their operating system - they've really nailed it.

They've married style and simplicity and that's what everybody wants.

apple.com

Adidas trainers

I love my Stan Smith classics - they're so stylish and practical.

adidas.com

Aveda rosemary and mint shampoo It smells as good as it sounds.

aveda.co.uk